Make your own free website on
Battle Name : Farlander's First Mission
Battle Location : Near Turkana in the Hadar Sector
Battle Occurred : Half a year before the Battle of Yavin, after the Battle of Turkana
Battle Type : Capture Operation (For the Rebels)
Force Making Attack : Rebel Alliance
Opposing Forces : Rebel Alliance / Galactic Empire
Victorious Force : Rebel Alliance
Imperial Personnel : Unknown
Imperial Force Composition : CR90 Corellian Corvette Talon, 8 TIE Fighters and 4 TIE Bombers (Have Proton Torpedoes)
Rebel Personnel : Hamo Blastwell (Red Leader), Flight Cadet Keyan Farlander (Red 2) and Captain Charger (Unsure, he was at the briefing)
Rebel Force Composition : Nebulon-B Frigate Liberator, Red Squadron (4 X-Wings, have 6 Proton Torpedoes), Blue Squadron (4 X-Wings), Gold Squadron (2 Y-Wings) and Stormtrooper Transport Storm Unit (Rebel Assault Commandos)
Battle Outcome
Battle Outcome
Imperial Survivors : None
Surviving Forces : CR90 Corellian Corvette Talon
Imperial Loses : All TIEs in area and all personnel onboard CR90 Corellian Corvette Talon
Rebel Survivors : Hamo Blastwell, Keyan Farlander and Captain Charger ?
Surviving Forces : Nebulon-B Frigate Liberator, Red Squadron, Blue Squadron, Gold Squadron and Stormtrooper Transport Storm Unit
Rebel Loses : No Ship Losses. Over 5 Rebel Commandos dead

    Alliance Intelligence learned of an elaborate precaution being taken by the Empire to make it appear that the CR90 Corellian Corvette Talon was an unimportant ship. At the risk of losing their cover, Rebel spies determined that extremely important contents would be carried onboard, and believed that Darth Vader could be travelling aboard this vessel. Hamo Blastwell volunteered Keyan Farlander for this mission, which was Farlander's first actual mission. The mission briefing was conducted by Mon Mothma and Admiral Ackbar. Farlander was in this mission, since the Rebellion was short on pilots since of the sheer volume of operations they were conducting. The briefing was a few days before the battle itself.

    When the day of the battle came, the Rebel Nebulon-B Frigate Liberator initiated the attack and drew off the escorting TIEs from the Imperial CR90 Corellian Corvette Talon. Blue Squadron dropped out of hyperspace behind the TIEs and made a surprise flank attack. Red Squadron came out of hyperspace a few kilometres from the raging battle. Farlander tried to match Red Leader's trajectory but pushed too hard and suddenly lost him and spinning off course while trying to compensate for the error. When he was starting to come around again when he spotted two TIE Fighters that were headed towards Red Leader. Farlander engaged the closer of the two and informed Red Leader about them. Farlander then let loose a quad linked laser burst which hit the TIE Fighter on the side of the panel just before the TIE Fighter's lasers shot at Red Leader. The TIE Fighter slew sideways and its shots went wide, however a single bolt did hit Red Leader. Farlander finished off the TIE Fighter on the inside angle of its turn with a couple of dual linked laser bursts. However, unfortunately Red Leader was also looking out for Farlander, since he destroyed the TIE Fighter that was on Farlander's tail.

    Red Leader was damaged and his R2 Unit was disabled, with that he left Farlander alone and joined up with Blue Squadron to return to the Rebel Nebulon-B Frigate Liberator. With that Farlander started heading towards the Corellian Corvette Talon, which the Y-Wings were already attacking with their ion cannons, while other X-Wings from Red Squadron were targeting the active guns on the corvette. Farlander was commencing his attack run on one of the corvette gun emplacements, when Rebel commandos sent out the call that they needed another R2 Unit, since they needed help at the main air lock on the corvette. Farlander was ordered to help out by Red Leader. Farlander pulled up to the air lock where the smoking Stormtrooper Transport Storm Unit was and landed. The Stormtrooper Transport had a gaping hole in its hull that was burning and smoking.

    When Farlander was climbing out of his X-Wing, Rebel commandos were removing his R2 Unit from his X-Wing. The Rebel commandos only recently secured the section that Farlander was in. Rebel commandos were trying to jam the corvette's gun computers and had sent a few commandos up to the bridge. Farlander was ordered to the bridge with his R2 Unit to jam the guns of the corvette since the section they were in had been cut off by the main defence computers. Farlander only had 15 minutes to get his assignment completed. When Farlander preceded towards the bridge, he passed by bodies of dead Rebel commandos and Imperial Stormtroopers. When he turned a corner and surprised a Stormtrooper. Farlander quickly disarmed the trooper at the cost of knocking his own blaster out of his hand. With that the trooper began strangling Farlander, pushing him down on his back, pinning Farlander on his own blaster. Farlander was about to lose consciousness when his R2 Unit had shocked the trooper, incapacitating him.

    When Keyan Farlander finally reached the bridge, he found roughly 10 Imperial Stormtroopers dead and at least as half that many dead Rebel commandos. While the R2 Unit linked with the command computer, first shutting down any external guns that were still active, then it started downloading information from the ship's memory banks, Farlander heard the muffle sounds of a blaster being fired. Farlander had his droid open up a hidden door, revealing a secret room. Inside was an older Imperial officer who was standing behind a large desk using his blaster to destroy holo disks that were scattered around the room. The officer was caught by surprise and fire a shot aimed at the holo disks that were on the desk between him and Farlander, while Farlander shot the officer square in the chest, killing him. With that Farlander gathered all of the holo disks he could find, including the undamaged and destroyed disks and stuffed them into the pockets of his flight suit. Before leaving the took the ID badge off the officer he had killed. After the battle Farlander was promoted to Lieutenant.