Make your own free website on
Battle Name : Attack Weapons Convoy [Tour of Duty 2 (The Great Search Campaign), Mission 3]
Battle Location : Near Orron III, near Comm Sat Gold
Battle Occurred : Months before the Battle of Yavin
Battle Type : Ambush (For the Rebels)
Force Making Attack : Rebel Alliance
Opposing Forces : Rebel Alliance / Galactic Empire
Victorious Force : Rebel Alliance
Imperial Personnel : Unknown
Imperial Force Composition : CR90 Corellian Corvettes Hyko 1 and 2, BFF-1 Freighters Uhuru (Supplies) and The Tone (Supplies), 12 Assault Gunboats (Have Concussion Missiles), Stormtrooper Transports Epsilon 1-3 (Stormtroopers) and Lambda 1 and 2 (Stormtroopers) and Lambda Shuttles Kappa 1 (Officers) and 2 (None)
Rebel Personnel : Captain Keyan Farlander (Red 2), Tan'tro and Ahsmar (Unknown positions in Red)
Rebel Force Composition : Red Squadron (3 Y-Wings, have 8 Proton Torpedoes), Gold Squadron (3 Y-Wings) and Blue Squadron (1 X-Wing, have Proton Torpedoes)
Battle Outcome
Battle Outcome
Imperial Survivors : None
Surviving Forces : None
Imperial Loses : Entire Force
Rebel Survivors : Captain Keyan Farlander
Surviving Forces : Red Squadron, Gold Squadron and Blue Squadron
Rebel Loses : 3 Y-Wings

    Documents recovered from the BFF-1 Freighter Toral revealed that it was to rendezvous with a large and vital convoy near Orron III. The documents also hinted that the final destination of the convoy was to a large military construction project whose location was unknown to the Rebels. The Rebels had a Comm Sat in the vicinity where the Imperial convoy would come out of hyperspace. The Rebels had less than two minutes to prepare before the convoy would arrive. The first ships of the Imperial convoy to came out of hyperspace were the Corellian Corvettes. The corvettes passed right by the Rebel fighters and so all of the Rebels turned to make their attack from the left rear quadrant. X-Wing Blue got off the first proton torpedoes at the first corvette, just as 3 Stormtrooper Transports dropped out of hyperspace. Farlander targeted the same corvette and was closing in range when a pair of Lambda Shuttles dropped in. Next came a pair of Stormtrooper Transports, and finally a pair of Assault Gunboats.

    Farlander kept boring on the corvette and saw that its shields were failing so he reduced his speed by a third. He got close enough to identify to corvette as Hyko 1 before he broke off to make another attack run. A pair of freighters arrived just as Corvette Hyko 1 was starting to explode. As Farlander started to attack the other corvette, Red One launched a pair of proton torpedoes at it. In a few moments, it too was destroyed. With that, Farlander went to full speed and targeted one of the Stormtrooper Transports. He switch to proton torpedoes and just got a solid lock, when Assault Gunboat Tau 1 coming from behind opened fire on him. Unfortunately that was not enough to stop Farlander, since he was still able to make the shot. Farlander turned to engage Tau 1, but noticed that another pair of Assault Gunboats had arrived to join the engagement. While he was engaging Tau 1 another pair of Assault Gunboats joined the fray.

    As soon as Farlander vaped Tau 1, targeted his nearest enemy, Mu 2. With a warning came from his R2 Unit, Farlander realized that a missile was coming right at him, he tried to evade but it was no use. His attacker was Rho 1 and with that he engaged and destroyed him. The chase had led Farlander near to the Freighters Uhuru and The Tone, so he targeted one and requested assistance from his wingmen. I switched to proton torpedoes and launched two. He then came around for another run and just as he launched, he heard that Red Three got hit. Then Red One also met the same fate as Red Three. It was the Assault Gunboats which they disengaged from that got them both. Farlander attacked both freighters with lasers and fired proton torpedoes at point blank range. Soon after both freighters succumbed to the attack and were destroyed. By this time only a Lambda Shuttle and four Assault Gunboats remained.

    Farlander first went after Assault Gunboat Tau 2, then the Lambda Shuttle and finally he went after the remaining Assault Gunboats. The three remaining Assault Gunboats had joined up against X-Wing Blue, after Farlander destroyed Rho 2 another pair of Assault Gunboats hypered into the area. With that the Rebel pilots agreed to hyper out of the area. Y-Wing Gold One did not make it, while the others started to jump out of the area. Farlander held the Assault Gunboats long enough to allow the Rebel to escape. Once the Rebels were safely away, Farlander finished off the Assault Gunboats before hypering out of the area himself. However with the loss of both of his wingmen, Farlander was submitted for an official inquest and in the meantime he was suspended from flight operations.